As we all soldier on through these unprecedented times, routine dental treatment has to be deferred according to the health authorities to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Dental Connect wishes to share with everyone some Home Dental Tips. We know that our life style may have changed by staying at home these days but we should be remind ourselves to maintain good oral hygiene and dental care.
- Floss and brush using soft bristles toothbrush and with fluoridated toothpaste twice a day.
- TIP: Prevention is better than cure, spend 3 minutes carefully brushing all surfaces of each tooth. Make sure your brush reaches all surfaces of your back molars. Try floss with some toothpaste as this may enhance better cleaning in between teeth.
- A reminder that you may start to snack more often now that we spend more time at home and the pantry of goodies may be more readily available. Food such as all kinds of snacks and soft drinks including juice through out the day will increase the acidity of our mouth, increase bacteria growth and also increase the chance of teeth decay.
- TIPS: Limit snacking times. Rinse with water soon after snacks. If snack consumed contains a lot of sugar, smear minor amount of toothpaste on teeth but do not brush. Swish with water and toothpaste in the mouth for up to 30 seconds.
- Unfortunate breakage of teeth but not in pain?
- TIPS: Keep broken part of the tooth clear of food. Use toothbrush, floss or interdental brushes to clear debris and reduce bacteria growth. Leave some fluoride tooth paste soaking in localised area after cleaning to disinfect and desensitize the area for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing out.
Remember, our emails and telephone lines remain open. Feel free to contact us for assistance and advice whenever you need us. Hope to see all of you soon once this crisis settles.